High-definition televisions with HDMI input are popular with home theater now. With tech developing, it becomes cheaper and there are often 2 and more HD TVs in the family for convenient enjoyment. Then sometimes we’d like enjoy or share one resource on the TVs in different rooms. HDMI splitter provides a great solution for people to share the movies or videos on different HD TV as HDMI splitter allows you to plug one resource device into two or more HDMI displays. Then you can also use a HDMI splitter to show what is playing on a Blu-ray player on multiple televisions. So hdmi splitter is widely applied to home entertainment, supermarkets, classrooms, etc. 1×2 HDMI splitter and 1×4 HDMI splitter are very common to see, while 8 port HDMI splitter is most used for special occasion like supermarket and engineering spot. Now 3D HDMI splitter is very popular with people as 3D movies are hot these days.
However, when it comes to using a HDMI splitter, there would be a lot of confusion. Most people would assume that the HDMI splitter is the same as a HDMI switch box. This may seem logical, but in fact, the two are quite different. In short, a HDMI switcher box is used to allow multiple inputs (DVD player, gaming console or PC) to be displayed on the same output (television, monitor or projector). While a HDMI splitter works completely the other way around, it takes one HMDI signal and splits it for use on several HDMI outputs, thus the name HDMI Splitter.
Here is the instruction for connecting HDMI splitter to HD TV.
1. Turn off your HD TV or HD displays and any HDMI source devices that you plan on connecting to your HDMI splitter.
2. Plug your HDMI splitter into an available HDMI port on your television.
3. Plug any HDMI source device (such as blu-ray DVD player) into the available HDMI ports on your HDMI splitter.
4. Turn your television on and then turn on the source device you have connected to the HDMI splitter. Scroll through your television inputs until you arrive at the HDMI input that corresponds with where you connected the HDMI splitter.
5. Press the button on either the HDMI splitter box or the remote control that came with the HDMI splitter that switches between the HD TVs (or HD displays) connected to the HDMI splitter.